what is pilates?
Pilates is a form of low impact exercise that not only strengthens and tones your body, but teaches you how to use your body better in your everyday life. Our aim is to help you feel a sense of ease about daily activities. Similarly, it’s so easy to do when all you need is a mat! You can also achieve great results from using equipment to increase resistance.
What we teach at MatWorks is Contemporary Pilates. We’ve created the perfect melange of modern Physiotherapy techniques and the original principles of Joseph Pilates. Therefore you can dramatically transform the way your body looks, feels and performs. The technique focuses on the core postural muscles that help keep the body balanced and the spine in good alignment. Using the 8 principles you will learn the fusion of mind and body.
To find out more about Pilates check out what WebMD have to say here.
who is it for?
what results can I expect?
What makes MatWorks different?
At MatWorks we focus on the problem areas of the 21st century body. Ever heard of the saying “sitting is the new smoking?” We believe “over sitting” is one of the worst contributors to lower back pain.
Check out our blog “is sitting the new smoking?” to read more about our thoughts on the detriment of sitting still for long periods. https://matworkspilates.com/sitting-new-smoking/
Our classes will help to stretch out those tight areas from sitting for long periods and self massage techniques to help you live your life with more ease.
We also recommend checking out this article on why sitting is bad for you from Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/why-sitting-is-bad-for-you
what can i expect from matworks?
- High quality local Pilates classes in Auckland for an affordable price.
- Instructors who are devoted to your health and wellbeing.
- To always leave class feeling refreshed and revived.
- A community of people eager to help and support one another.
MatWorks cares greatly about its community! We want to help you, help us achieve our mission of making Pilates more accessible and affordable for everyone! We’ve done this by providing loads of free content on our Youtube Channel, and we post free live workouts on our Facebook page regularly!
Why not give this quick 10 minute warm up video a go!
top 10 reasons to do pilates
- Flatten, tone and strengthen abdominal muscles: the ultimate tummy workout
- Get longer and leaner muscles: strengthen & stretch at the same time
- Improve posture: walk taller and breathe better
- Stronger muscles and skeletal system: proven to manage the ageing process
- Increase circulation & relieve tension: It focuses on effective breathing
- Improve functional fitness: practicing Pilates makes everyday tasks easier
- Reduce your risk of injury: It works to balance muscles around the body
- Enhance your athletic performance: Pilates will compliment any training programme, improving muscle recovery and mobility
- Boost your self esteem: It feels good to do and yields such noticeable results, you will feel great about yourself
- Pilates is for everyone – It can be enjoyed by anyone – whatever your fitness level!